Sunday, February 3, 2013

Running - 2

I usually run at night. My partner, R, runs in the morning because I like to sleep as long as I can. I like my night runs. At night, the world is quiet. It's cooler, which is great for me--a medication I take makes me extremely susceptible to the heat. Beyond all of that, I just like nighttime. While I run, I listen to audio books. Right now, it's Duma Key by Stephen King. I feel like it makes me run faster because it's scary, but that's probably wishful thinking.

This week has been hard. I've had two severe headaches, so my running has been mediocre at best. However, the nights have been beautiful.


The moon was full, and it was gorgeous. It made me wish I had my good camera rather than my phone camera, but trying to run with a camera wouldn't work.



After my run I like to cool down outside. I'm lucky enough to have a Banana Hammock made by my good friend, B. These hammocks are great because they can be hung anywhere. It's revolutionized my cool down. I can combine two of my loves--reading and hammocking. It might be fair to say that I run so I don't have to feel guilty about spending my evenings reading in my bright pink hammock.

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with Banana Hammock Republic. B's product is amazing, and it makes my life better.

P.P.S. How cool is Florida? It's January, and I'm relaxing outside in shorts and a hammock.

No comments:

Post a Comment